It is true said that “Health is Wealth”. You can be healthy only when you eat the right food at right time and at the right age in order to live longer. You must always follow a healthy and balanced diet menu to lead a longer life. This article helps in telling you about the balanced diet menu. Let us look about it in detail.
What Is Balanced Diet Plan?
Balanced diet menu helps you in keeping you fit and healthy always. It makes sure that you are acquiring the right foods from each food group. A healthy diet menu must comprise of all the vital nutrients like:
A healthy diet menu will always enable your body to obtain the right fuel for helping you to manage energy levels and weight.
Healthy diet menu and Balanced diet menu
In general, both the above things mean the same. You can divide a healthy diet menu into various tiers, which are as follows:
- Tier 1: Wholesome Grains – Food Pyramid suggests 6 to 11 servings of wholesome grains with good quality each day.
- Tier 2: Vegetables – You need to intake 4 to 7 vegetable servings each day, which can be either frozen or fresh.
- Tier 3: Fruits – There is no doubt as to how healthy fruits are. The recommended fruit servings have to be little lower when compared to vegetables. You need to consume 3 to 5 fruit servings every day.
- Tier 4: Protein and Meats – In a day, you need to intake about 2 servings of proteins. You can acquire proteins from beef, poultry, fish, eggs, ham etc.
- Tier 5: Dairy Products – An appropriate amount of fat is always essential for a human’s body. You need to intake 2 servings of fat every day. You can acquire fats from foods like milk, butter, cheese, yogurt etc.
Your healthy diet menu must always hold a combination of above foods.
- Carbohydrates: Your healthy diet menu must comprise of wholesome grains, vegetables and fruits. This is from where you acquire carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are very essential for the body as it gives us instant energy and ensures that your body functions properly. It is vital to intake appropriate quantity of foods comprising of carbohydrates every day. If you are someone with health issues like diabetes or other diseases associated with blood, then make sure that you consult with your doctor for the right quantities. At such times, you need to avoid drinking fruits and vegetable juice that are high in calories and sugars.
- Proteins: A balanced diet plan or a balanced diet menu is almost incomplete without proteins. It is something that keeps a body strong and fit. This is the nutrient through, which you acquire strong muscles. Rich sources of proteins are nuts, legumes, fish, animal meats and dairy products.
- Fibers: A balanced diet menu must comprise good quantity of fibers. These help in cutting the bad cholesterol from the body. The rich sources of fibers are wholesome grains, vegetables, oats, fresh fruits and nuts.
- Fats: You cannot block fats completely. Even they play a vital role in making your body function properly. A good fat is none other than monounsaturated fat. For instance olive oil, butter and avocados.